At Savills, we take considered and structured steps towards managing our environmental impacts at local, national and international levels.
In Sweden we are ISO certified since 2014 in ISO 9001:2015 (Quality),14001:2015 (Environment) and OHSAS 18001:2007 (Health and Safety), re-certified 2017. In our quality management system we have procedures for quality assurance in line with ISO, which are audited yearly by both the internal and the external ISO-auditors
This policy, regarding work on quality, the environment and work environment, applies to Savills Sweden AB, Savills Förvaltning AB, Savills Sweden Investment AB and Loudden Bygg- och Fastighetsservice AB. In the policy, all companies are named as Savills.
We provide high quality services to our customers by:
- Being attentive and flexible through careful planning, when reviewing documentation/orders/agreements for the performance of the service.
- Following developments within the property industry, continuously investing in well-structured and maintained IT support as well as utilising the skills of our employees.
- Performing regular audits of the quality of services carried out. If deficiencies are noticed, these are remedied as soon as possible.
- We comply with the applicable laws, statutory requirements and industry practices.
In order to deliver high quality services, we at Savills strive to continually improve our ability to meet customers’ needs and put them at the heart of our business. We do this through ongoing dialogue with customers, employees and suppliers. We want to be the first choice for customers and employees.
This policy forms the basis of our sustainability philosophy. We regard it as a long-term commitment to be implemented in stages. We will achieve a cleaner future by:
- Not merely meeting the minimum requirements of the authorities, i.e. environmental legislation and regulations, but by going one step further, in terms of environmental issues, where it is technically and economically feasible with regard to the environmental benefits.
- Applying a holistic view of the environmental disruption caused by our services and making choices that are protective of the environment.
- Marketing project and management services with the best possible environmental credentials.
- Carrying out environmental work in cooperation with our customers and, if necessary, also with environmental conservation authorities, environmental organisations and local residents.
- Involving and continuously training all employees in our environmental work.
- Providing information about our activities and the environmental impact of our services in an open and objective manner.
- Conforming to our policy by working to prevent pollution based on significant environmental aspects and achieving constant improvements through the continuous monitoring of our established overarching and detailed environmental objectives.
The Savills Group takes a considered and structured approach to managing its environmental impacts. We have a strong commitment to the prevention of pollution, adhering to all environmental legislation within each region. We look to engender continuous improvement, to achieve progress in overall environmental performance at a global level.
Purpose & Scope
The purpose of this policy is to set out the Group’s approach to achieving its environmental objectives, and the responsibilities of Group and operating companies.
- To ensure that the Group evaluates and continuously improves its environmental performance.
- To provide services to clients in a way that takes appropriate account of environmental and sustainability issues.
- To reduce resource consumption by decreasing wastage and recycling materials where appropriate.
- To reduce energy consumption and to use energy wisely and reduce our CO² emissions measured on a tonnes per employee basis.
- To meet the requirements of relevant environmental legislation within each region.
- To maintain and enhance the reputation of the Group by ensuring that environmental issues are identified, taken into account and appropriately managed.
This policy applies to the Group’s businesses worldwide including all employees, consultants and associates.
- Reduction in our impact on the environment will be achieved by regularly reviewing our operational and service delivery processes and ensuring that appropriate environmental objectives are in place and being monitored.
- Business Heads shall ensure that systems and processes are in place to achieve the above objectives, including education and training.
- On at least an annual basis environmental performance shall be discussed at Board level. This discussion will include a review of this policy, opportunities for improvement, new and existing environmental objectives and any system changes that may be required.
- Business units holding ISO 14001 (Environmental Management Systems) accreditation will comply with the requirements of the documented Environmental Management System. This manual sets out how environmental aspects are identified. It also documents and evaluates relevant controls for those aspects.
- Each office and discipline within a business unit holding ISO 14001 accreditation is subject to regular audits and are externally audited in accordance with a schedule determined by the accreditation body.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Group Chief Executive of Savills plc manages the environmental performance of the Company and implements the Environmental Policy.
Each operating company business head is responsible for ensuring that this policy is implemented and assuring compliance with national and local legislation.